FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I pay for TAP and SCP schemes contribution online?
Effective 1st November 2016, Employers are required to make their contribution payments via e-Amanah.
Members and employers who have registered to e-Amanah online services can make their contribution payments for both TAP and SCP online.
Members and employers who have not registered may register online via TAP's website, under the e-Amanah tab. (e-Amanah Employers' Handbook can be downloaded from TAP's website)
2. From which banks can I use to make payments on e-Amanah?
Payment can be done through the internet banking facilities from BIBD, Baiduri Bank and SCB.
3. Do I need to pay TAP and SCP scheme contribution separately?
No. Effective 1st April 2014, the payment of TAP and SCP contributions can be made in one payment by using e-Amanah.
Payments that are made using cheque, postal order, or money order shall be made payable to the ' Tabung Amanah Pekerja '.
4. What was the rate of dividend declared in the last 5 years for TAP and SCP scheme?
The dividend rate for TAP and SCP scheme for the last 5 years:
1.0 percent for the period from 1st April 2013 to 31st March 2014,
1.0 percent for the period from 1st April 2014 to 31st March 2015,
1.0 percent for the period from 1st April 2015 to 31st March 2016,
2.0 percent for the period from 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017,
2.5 percent for the period from 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018 and
2.2 percent for the period from 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019.
5. Where is TAP fund invested?
TAP 's fund is invested both locally and globally in the form of sukuk, bond, fixed deposits and equities. Tap's investments is not allowed in sectors involved in gambling, tobacco, weapons, alcohol and pork related.
6. The mandatory retirement age is 60 years and TAP is only mandatory until the age of 55 years. What about the remaining five (5) years?
TAP contribution is no longer mandatory after the age of 55. However, employers and employees are still required to pay their SCP contributions.
7. Does Voluntary Contribution apply to employers?
Employers may contribute voluntarily (more than the pre-determined mandatory rate) to their employees if they wish to, however it is not mandatory.
8. What are the types of income that are mandatory for TAP and SCP
|TYPES OF WAGES (DEDUCTABLE)||TAP||SCP|
|Yearly Bonus (more than 2 months salary)||/||/|
|Performance Bonus (more than 2 months salary)||/||/|
|Special Allowance ||X||X|
|Overtime Allowance / Benefits||X||X|
payment (Baksis) on discharge or retirement||X||X|
|Service Charge ||X||X|
|Retrenchement , lay off or termination benefit||X||X|
expenses by the type of employement||X||X|